Detroit Partnership supports the following projects:
In 2013, Build It Detroit was established with a vision of creating vibrant, thriving communities. A team of leaders from Harvest Christian Church which is located in northwest Detroit was motivated by passion for the revitalization of neighborhoods to make their vision a reality. Our mission is to release life and hope into communities through the rehabilitation of homes and neighborhoods, as well as through the restoration of recreation, education, services and business facilities starting in northwest Detroit.
Westside Christian Academy is a beacon of hope in Detroit by providing children a holistic, Christ-centered education in a loving community. We serve children from Pre-K to Grade 12.
Founded in 1994, Westside Christian Academy is located on the western edge of Detroit, Michigan. Westside is led by Dr. Ken Hall (Superintendent) and Mr. Henry Wells (Campus Principal), along with a board of directors that is dedicated to excellence. Graduates of Westside can be found in colleges and universities, the military, and careers like business, education, ministry, and law enforcement.
Westside Christian Academy is a beacon of hope in Detroit by providing children a holistic, Christ-centered education in a loving community.
Transformation: To see hearts, minds, and community transformed by the hope of Christ.
Preparation: To educate strong servant leaders who influence their relationships, communities, and world for the glory of God.
• All children are given by God and are a reflection of their Creator.
• True transformation of heart and mind is found only in Jesus Christ.
• An excellent education is built on a firm foundation of faith in God and an understanding of His grace.
• A Christ-centered education is the key to developing healthy urban communities.
• The ultimate goal of a Christ-centered school is to help children understand their valuable role in God’s plan and to equip them to fulfill that role.
• Westside has an active volunteer program focused on reading intervention.
• Westside is involved in community development and revitalization with staff members and supporters living in the neighborhood.
• Every member of the Class of 2016 graduated and received college acceptance. Comparably, Detroit Public Schools’s reported graduation rate is 67%.
• Westside has small class sizes and teachers dedicated to giving student individual attention and academic intervention.